Followers

Thursday 1 October 2015

A new challenge at Noor Design.

Good morning blogger friends.
 
I am here today to let you know about the new challenge at Noor Design UK.
 
The theme this month is Halloween/Autumn
 
I went for the Autumn theme and I have to say I had so much fun making this project and I absolutely love the results.

This is my first mixed media project which has taught me a few things along the way.
 
 
I used the Dutch Doobadoo leaf stencil with structure paste on all the three leaves but as you will notice the bottom two are glittery. I used Marion Smiths colour lab on all my leaves but the mistake I made with the bottom two was to not cover my leaves with Gesso first. This meant that the ink soaked into the MDF and the colour did not take as well. To rectify this, I covered the leaf with stickles to act as a barrier between the wood and the colour. This worked a treat and I have to say I love the effect. Reminds me of dew on leaves.
The top leaf was created after using Gesso as the base.
 


 
The flowers and ribbons have all been coloured with the colour lab inks and I think this is going to be so addictive. You can create up to 30 different colours with the kit.
 



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges.

Deep Ocean challenge - Autumn
Simply Create Too - Autumn Splendour
Papertake Weekly - Take your pick (colour theme)
Shopping our Stash - wooden it be nice (MDF leaves)
Try it on Tuesday - Autumn
 
If any of the items at Noor Design are out of stock, they can still be ordered and Tracy will post them as soon as they are back in stock.

Thank you all for stopping by today and for your lovely and appreciated comments.
 
Hugs Sharon. x
 
 


20 comments:

brenda said...

These are stunning creations Sharon, mixed media can indeed be fun and the best bit is there is no right or wrong.

B x

Chris said...

Stunning! Love the gorgeous colours and the wonderful texture on this lovely project!
Chris
x

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are really beautiful Sharon wonderful designs texture and colours
Kevin xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are beautiful decorations Sharon
Gr Karin

Gina's Cards said...

They re so beautiful Sharon!! The colours are so rich and beautiful!! Great texture too.
Hugs
Gina xx

Carole Pollard said...

These are just wonderful such vibrant colours look forward to more fab mixed media love and hugs Carole x

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! They are beautiful, Sharon! Thanks for explaining how you achieved the remarkable textures and colors! XO

NGCARDS said...

These are lovely :) Thanks for joining us at PTW! xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Sharon these mixed media creations are stunning and so festive. It will serve as wonderful Christmas decor.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,100 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creations dear Sharon, lovely designs and super colours used..
Thank You for your kind words re my dad passing...Funeral is in another state of Australia next Wednesday. We had to transport dad over 20hrs away to be with mum....
{The Journey Is The Start aNNie my personal blog}

Penny said...

Beautifully done, Sharon! Love the details on these leaves, and the colors are so rich! :^)
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Penny

Debs said...

Good morning Sharon - still playing catch up with all my lovely crafty friends since the wedding last week and having my little visitor to stay whilst Mum & Dad are on Honeymoon.
You have some gorgeous makes since my last visit and this is no exception.
Stunning design and so many gorgeous techniques.
Looks like a miserable day weather wise so that's a good reason to stay inside and catch up and then a little playtime in my little crafty haven - I have missed it so much lol!!!
Have a fabulous day.
Debs xx

chrissie said...

Very beautiful Autumn project with wonderful colours and textures

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic autum project! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!
oxo
Susi

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, those are amazingly lovely! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (wooden!) STASH with us this week! ♥

Leslie Hanna said...

Love those leaves! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Donna said...

WOW fab job on these projects Sharon! Just gorgeous!
Thanks for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Wooden It Be Nice" challenge this week!!

maria f. said...

Autumn? Yep. Splendorous? Yep. Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Create Too with these beauties!

Lula said...

Simply beautiful! Can't believe it is your first mixed media project!
Thanks for playing along with us over at TioT.

JenniferD said...

These are just Stunning you have a flair here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...