Followers

Saturday 19 July 2014

A christening card.

Good evening blogger friends.

I hope you are all well and having a lovely weekend. I feel very tired today after a busy week at work so not much going on in the Gurnhill house today. After I have written this blog I will be doing some catching up with my blogging buddies then it will be a couple of glasses of wine, a Chinese and we may well watch We're the Millers. Such a good film.
I have a christening card to share with you today. I have used a Dutch Doobadoo stencil for the shape of the card. I may well buy some more of these as they are a far cheaper way of creating a shaped card.

The image has been coloured with Distress Markers and the papers are Pion Design. I have cut the banner die out twice as the die has only 4 pennants and cut the second in half. The letters are from Urban Stamps.



The flowers are from WOC. The stars are from a Martha Stewart mould as are the small butterflies.
The stamp at the side of the image is from LOTV.



The ribbon and the charm are from The Ribbon Girls and the heart if from LLC.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges.

Simply Create Too - For a child
Alphabet Challenge - L for Lace
Creative Corner - Love of Ribbon
Fussy and Fancy  - Its all about the Girls
A song in your Heart - Three times a lady (when we are together the moments I cherish)
LOTV's Ideas to Inspire - Take Two -  Christening stamp and postal stamp
Papertake Weekly - Buttons, bows and bling
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
That's Crafty Challenge - Masks, Stencils, Templates (Doobadoo Template)

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and for those of you whom I do not catch up with this evening - I will see you tomorrow.





29 comments:

Andria said...

Totally stunning as always, love the die you've used for the shape, never heard of them before. Amazing attention to detail too. Gorgeous card. x

Jayne A said...

Oh wow what an absolute stunner. I love the colouring and the papers. Jayne

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Sharon. The image is adorable and I love all the pretty details.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Lorraine x

Margreet said...

Beautiful card Sharon....enjoy your wines, Chinese and film.
Have a good weekend!
xxx Margreet

thecraftycavalier said...

So stunning Sharon. Beautiful muted colours and such pretty embellishments. Fabulous layout and I love the banner spelling out the name. Breathtaking :-) Hugs, Jayne x

Marrie said...

Hello Sharon,

What a lovely card the image is zo cute love the colours and beautiful embellishment.

Hugs Marrie

Sue said...

This is stunning Sharon. I love the fabulous shape, adorable image and gorgeous papers. As always, your detailing is so beautiful and a joy to look at!
Hugs Sue xx

cotnob said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sharon, such a sweet image and fabulous details.
I hope you enjoyed your Chinese and wine.
Pauline
x

JenniferD said...

I love that Stencil idea mmmmh might have to go check them out! You are a Whiz at these Baby Cards love those Gorgeous Gorgeous Layers! Enjoy your Week!

Penny said...

Oh, Sharon, another gorgeous creation by you! That image is so adorable! I love the shape of the card, all those fab embellies, your wonderful design, and the fun name banner! :^)
Hugs, Penny

McCrafty's Cards said...

Stunning Sharon I like the adorable image the shape and the embellishments.
Kevin xx

aussie aNNie said...

Sharon this is one adorable sweet Christening card....just stunning and you put so much pride into your creations....lovely....
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start


scrappymo! said...

What a gorgeous Christening card! I Love every little bit about it! So many sweet and adorable details.

Erica said...

This is a gorgeous keepsake for the family. Great idea to use a christening for our challenge.
Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Create Too in our challenge no. 66, For a Child.
Join us again soon.
Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

Alexandra♥ said...

This card looks fantastic Sharon! Gorgeous shape and design!!

Hugs,
Alexandra

Ivonne said...

OMG! This is absolutely stunning...every single detail of it! Fabulous coloring, beautiful flowers, gorgeous ribbons and lace. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges! Hugs, Ivonne

Gina's Cards said...

This is stunning!! Love the image and your beautiful colouring! The shape is gorgeous, I may have to look at this stencil. Love all the beautiful embellies too!
Hope you are having a lovely restful weekend.
Hugs
Gina x

Chris said...

A beautiful christening card, a real keepsake! Love the shape (must check out the stencils), sweet image and so many gorgeous details!
Chris
x

Carole Pollard said...

Sharon this is fabulous I love this stamp anyway but your shaped card and design are so special its perfect Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x
PS the wine and Chinese sounds the perfect day X

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful keepsake, a gorgeous creation!
Helen x

Desire Fourie said...

Sharon this is just sooo precious with wonderful textures and design. So perfect for a little one.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

susiestacey said...

Stunning card Sharon, such a precious keepsake too. Hope you are keeping well x Susan x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi! Sharon, your Christening card is gorgeous! A beautiful keepsake, and the design is wonderful! hugs, de

Cazro said...

Awesome, a treasure to behold, beautiful workmanship. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges.

MagsB said...

This is an absolute beauty, Sharon, and it's sure to be treasured forever!

love Mags B x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A stunning card with this beautiful image - the bunting looks absolutely gorgeous!
Rebecca.

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Wonderful creation! I love the colors and design! Thank you for joining us at the Treasured Times Challenge blog for our Anything Goes challenge! Hope to see you again next time too!
Hugs,
Tammy Louise

Beth Brovold said...

Congratulations on your Top 5 win at Fussy and Fancy "It's about Girls"!! Your card is BREATHTAKING!!
Take care,
Beth
F&F DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Wow! Beautiful card!!! So sorry I'm late with my comments.I thought I had these done. Thanks so much for participating in our A SONG IN YOUR HE{ART} challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...